Learn more on what makes a garment unacceptable
- Fade – the background fabric colors are tested to meet the ANSI standard and provide maximum visibility if the garment’s color has faded beyond this requirement, may not be compliant.
- Tears – the amount of reflective and background materials a garment must use are specified in the standard. If the garment has lost integrity through tearing or is tattered, it’s time to replace it.
- Excessively dirty – garments meet standards when they are clean, excessive dirt or soiling degrades the visibility of the garment and can take it out of compliance.
- Excessively worn – excessive wear can reduce the performance of background material and reflective materials which can mean it’s time for a new garment.
- Abraded – defaced garments have less visible background and reflective material which could mean they are likely out of compliance.
It can be a challenge to know when your garment needs to be replaced due to wear. We have created an inspection card to help you make sure your garments remain in compliance. Just fill out the form below and one of our sales associates will contact you within 48 hours.